2D Foundations

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Blog Entry #2

I wouldn't say something pretentious like my images tell a story; the most they do is tell a little bit about me, I suppose. All my images are logos of minor league baseball teams, so the relationship is very direct. Minor league ball clubs have a lot of very interesting and unique logos, and there is nothing I love more than baseball. It seemed to “fit like a glove.” When picking logos, the only theme is that all the logos are from minor league baseball teams.

The dominance in size definitely affected the shark logo in the center. I'd say that there is more power in larger images. To use a (bad) analogy, I would say there is more power in a wall of water coming towards me than someone spraying me with a hose. I think in nearly every situation, larger generally equals more powerful.

I attempted to create a congregated group of accentual shapes to the right of the shark logo to serve as an area of focus. It seemed to give the viewer somewhere to focus judging on the in-class critique. To improve it, I want to emphasize the dominance of the shark logo even more. If I move the shark logo slightly off the page there will be a sense of implied dominance that was missing from my composition before. Hopefully that will serve to also make the accentual congregation of logos a better area of focus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home